Sunday, August 07, 2005

Return of the Hagabaka

Welcome back! Sorry about another long period without posts. My life in the last two weeks were still monotonous and laborious, mostly alternating between McDonald’s, bed, and behind the computer screen. However, there were a few interesting blog-worthy occurrences.

Movies of Wars

I recently watched Star Wars. I had been ridiculed many times by friends for never seeing this classic, and I’m very proud to have finally filled this hole in my life. The movie was indeed amazing. Although I watched the DVD on a TV, the experience greatly exceeded most of the movies I watched in theatres, thanks to the great story, lines, acting, and well-used special effects, and probably a lot more that I haven't been able to analyze :).

I also watched War of the Worlds. It was also a great experience. And scary. I might write more about it later, but Justin already wrote a good review on it.

Blog Sorrow

Google AdSense, which used to display context-sensitive ads on my blog has transformed from nonsense to non-existent. An email from Google explained that I was banned from AdSense because I was found generating invalid clicks. I did click on my own ads a few times on a few days in June, which is against the usage policy. But somehow I don’t think that was the exact reason, because Gravi-T, Fizza, and his friend also got banned from AdSense around the same time with me. We sort of regularly helped clicking each other’s ads, and that was probably the reason. I don’t think Google would label any click from a friend of yours invalid, but they were probably unhappy to see almost all of my click coming from two IP addresses. So in case I get into another advertising program (which is now made less likely because ad services might read my post and think I will do it again), I will definitely resist the urge to click my own ads or tell others to do it.

To add to the sorrow, while I was tweaking my template, Blogger decided to truncate it, leaving only the useless beginning part of it. Therefore I had to switch to a new template, and restore some of my customizations, with the help of a backup I luckily made. I like this new template—it gives a little more room for my text, and is still pretty decorative. There are still many things I want to add and restore, but it will take a while.

Job

I’m almost at the limit! Two months of work, mostly late nights, and only one day off per week is not what I’m used to in summer vacations. But of course, paychecks are nice, and I was voted the Employer of the month for July! \o/ There’s only one week of work left, and I’m sure I will be able to survive that. After that, I will have a few days to catch up with fun and rest before school.

Whew! It’s time to say mumble to you later. Mumble back!

No comments: