Thursday, August 11, 2005

~~Happy Hagabaka in the House~~

I’m in a good mood tonight, because of a few pleasant happenings:

  • AudioScrobbler, after a few days of upgrade behind the scene, is now back as Last.fm. This is a great service that automatically collects songs you listen to on your computer, submits information such as title, artist online, and forms musical neighborhoods and networks. So basically, you get to have an online copy of your favorite playlist, and get recommendations from other people who have similar taste. The new site looks much more brushed up, and kept most of the features. Missing is a feed of your recent tracks, provided by the old site, but it never worked for me, and Last.fm assures me that these and more features will be added. You might not care about a feed, but when it is available, there will be some cool addition in the sidebar ;).
  • Speaking of cool additions to my sidebar, there is now a list of blogs that linked to me recently. On most popular browsers (excluding Internet Explorer), you can hover on them to read what people said about my blog or one of my posts. Ahem, that means free advertisement for your blog! So link to my blog, preferably my posts, often to take advantage of it!
  • Another episode of Bleach is fansubbed. I was impressed with this anime series from the first episode, and now it’s definitely on the top of my favorites. I will probably write about it later, because the episode has already finished downloading (good things just keep happening :)).
Actually, the feed on the old AudioScrobbler site is working, so I am able to put up a list of recent listened to tracks on the sidebar. The links don’t work though. When the new feed service is working, they will probably let you view detailed in formation about the tracks, artists and albums, and maybe a stream preview. Tags:

No comments: